Russian Consulate AppointmentIn order to enter Russia, foreign citizens and stateless individuals must obtain a visa. The only way to obtain a visa-free entry to Russia is if an international agreement or law or the Russian Federation explicitly establishes it for specific categories of foreign citizens.
If you intend to apply for a visa, you will first need to undergo the application process and consulate appointment.
Getting a consulate appointment.
In order to submit a visa application directly to the Russian Consulate in New York, you must schedule a consulate appointment through the electronic appointment system. Walk-ins are not accepted at the Consulate. Applicants must appear in person at the Consulate and provide all documents properly filled out and complete. Incomplete or incorrect documents will not be accepted.
Applicants as well may apply for an emergency private visa at the Consulate directly in case of sudden death or serious illness of a close relative.
Documents must be submitted regardless of which office you apply to:
- A passport that is at least six months old after the expiration of the visa and is signed with at least two clear visa pages. The validity period of your visa will be shortened if it is not fully met by the expiration date of your passport.
- A Russian Federation invitation. It is important to note that the invitation form depends on the type of visa requested.
- Completed, signed, dated, and printed out a visa application.
- A passport-sized color photograph must be taken no earlier than six months before the date of application. A plain white or light-colored background must be used for the photos, as well as an imaging device capable of taking clear forward-facing photos.
- Payment. Only money orders or cashier's checks at the Russian Consulate in New York are accepted. Cash, credit, or debit cards, as well as personal or company checks, are not accepted.
Russian National Group works on making the process as smooth as possible. Our office has helped thousands of people around the US to apply for citizenship, get a russian consulate appointment, and further obtain it. We work directly with the Russian consulate, so our clients can easily avoid all the paperwork complications and time loss by simply going to our website and filling up the form to apply for Russian citizenship.